Period protection is finally covered.
Making period care more accessible is always on our agenda. And that’s why we’re thrilled to let you know that under the CARES Act, menstrual cups and discs are now considered medical expenses.
Make use of your FSA or HSA to buy comfortable, convenient, and cost-effective DIVA™ products directly from ShopDiva! To make the process even easier, we’ve put together a list of FAQs.
An FSA (flexible saving account) or an HSA (health savings account) is made available through your group benefits program. With either account, you can use pre-tax income for medical expenses. Now that period products are considered “medical expenses,” your DIVA™ Cup or Disc is eligible for coverage.
Let’s get into the nitty gritty.
- You can use this account to buy over-the-counter medication, prescriptions, thermometers, DIVA Cups, DIVA Discs, DIVA Wash, and more.
- To get an FSA, you’ll need an employer to have set it up.
- If you change jobs or forget to spend your whole balance, you lose any unused money in the account.
- It has a lower contribution limit than an HSA.
- You can put this money toward all kinds of medical tests, medication, and other expenses, including now, menstrual products.
- You can apply for an HSA if you don’t have an employer, but you’ll need a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) to get it.
- If you don’t use all the funds in the account, they will roll over to the next year.
- It has a higher contribution limit than an FSA.
If you have an employer, check with them to see whether theycontribute to FSA accounts for their employees. If you’reself-employed, you can apply for an HSA if you have an HDHP.To learn more about it, go to the healthcare.gov
Yes, yes, yes! You can now use FSA or HSA funds to buy a reusable menstrual cup like the DIVA™ Cup. Honestly, we believe menstrual products should have always been considered medical expenses, so we’re so excited that they finally are.
When paying for your DIVA™ Cup on ShopDiva use your HSA card or submit the receipt as proof of purchase for FSA reimbursement. Or, if you bought one in the last several years, you can get the cost covered retroactively as far back as January 1, 2020!
Note: Even though our ShopDiva checkout recognizes the DIVA™ Cup as FSA/HSA eligible, we cannot confirm that your coverage will accept your purchase as so. Always check with your provider before purchasing.
Yes! Both FSA and HSA now cover the DIVA™ Disc, our menstrual product cleanser, DIVA™ Wash, as well as the DIVA Cup Cleansing Bundle.In an effort to reduce period poverty, we’re so thrilled to see our products becoming more accessible!